World Chef Halloween Challenge
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) before participating in the “World Chef Halloween Challenge” (“Challenge”). Participation in the Challenge constitutes participant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these terms (“Terms”) and represents that participant satisfies all of the requirements set forth below.
THIS IS A CHALLENGE AND NOT A CONTEST. WINNER WILL RECEIVE VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR USE ONLY IN THE GAME. THERE IS NO PRIZE OF MONETARY VALUE.
1. How to Participate. To participate in the Challenge, you must download the free mobile game entitled WORLD CHEF (“Game”) on your mobile device and take a screenshot of your Halloween themed restaurant (the “Submission”). During the Challenge Period (defined below), you must log into your Facebook accounts, access the World Chef Facebook Page located at https://www.facebook.com/worldchef/, and upload your Submission to the post labeled “World Chef Halloween Challenge.” Limit one (1) entry into the Challenge per person. All participants must have a valid Facebook account. Facebook accounts are free. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entry information and Submissions become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of entry will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will not be considered, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Challenge in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the Eligible Countries, who are 18 or older as of the date of Challenge. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, manufacturers or distributors of materials used in connection with the Challenge and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate in Challenge. All federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Start/End Dates. Challenge begins at 12:00:01 AM PST on October 19, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PST on November 1, 2018. (“Challenge Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Challenge.
4. Winner Determination. Sponsor shall review all Submissions and will select five (5) winners based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) creativity and (b) use of Halloween theme. The highest scoring five (5) Submissions shall be designated as Winners. In the event of a tie, all tied entries will be re-judged by an additional judge selected by Sponsor who will break the tie using the Judging Panel Criteria.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Challenge, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Challenge, participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Challenge.
5. Reward(s) Each winner of the Challenge will receive 65 Gems (“Reward”). Virtual Currency has no monetary value, should not be used outside of the Game and should only be used in accordance with World Chef Terms, located at http://bit.ly/WCHalloweenTandCs Rewards are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of a Reward, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Reward of equal or greater value. Any tax obligations (if any) are the responsibility of the winner.
6. Notification. Winners will be notified via Facebook Messenger and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of notification. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any Reward or Reward notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her Reward or in the event of noncompliance with these Challenge rules and requirements, such Reward will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon Reward forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. Any and all federal, state and local taxes (if any) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Challenge and/or acceptance of Reward constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Challenge or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
By participating, participants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Challenge, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Reward or participation in any Challenge-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Participants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Challenge in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Challenge cannot take place or if any Reward cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of participation other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of participation are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of participation information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Challenge, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Challenge or downloading any materials in this Challenge. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Challenge should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Challenge. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Challenge or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an participant from participating in the Challenge or winning a Reward if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE, SERVICE OR GAME ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CHALLENGE AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CHALLENGE AND ALL REWARDS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. As a condition of participating in this Challenge, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with participating in this Challenge), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
This Challenge is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with this Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of these Terms and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
Sponsor: Social Point S.L. (“Social Point”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Sponsor’s address is Social Point SL, Calle Llacuna 166, Planta 10, 08018 Barcelona, Spain.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT FACEBOOK.